Normand Miller MD, FACS, RVT
Dr. Normand Miller is a Board Certified Vascular Surgeon and the Medical Director and owner of the Aesthetic and Vein Center MD. For several years now, Dr. Miller and his experienced staff have helped many people from New England with troublesome varicose veins feel and look better. In fact over the last eight years, he has performed over 4,000 procedures for the treatment of varicose veins under simple local anesthesia. While many physicians, even vascular surgeons, try to “fit in” vein procedures while practicing other endeavors, Dr. Miller has dedicated his practice to the office-based diagnosis and treatment of varicose and spider veins in his Salem vein center.
Over the years, Dr. Miller has published several articles in peer reviewed journals and made several presentations at medical conferences on the diagnosis and treatment of venous diseases. He was also asked to teach various topics in the field of Phlebology to different groups of physicians, namely the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
Dr. Miller is Board Certified in Vascular Surgery and also obtained the Certificate of Special Competence in Vascular Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He has been using ultrasound technology in the evaluation and treatment of varicose veins for 20 years and has over 10 years of experience as director of a non-invasive vascular laboratory. He is also certified as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) and obtained the accreditation of his Vascular Laboratory by the IAC (Intersocietal Accreditation Commission).
These skills, knowledge, and experience allow Dr. Miller to make the correct diagnosis using ultrasound and to plan the best treatment for your varicose veins. It is well known to every patient of Dr. Miller that he will not plan any treatment without personally evaluating the leg by ultrasound.
Dr. Miller understands that every patient is different. He will tailor the treatment to each individual, using either endovenous laser treatment, RadioFrequency (RF) Closure, ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy and/or microincisional phlebectomy.
- Medical School – Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec
- Residency – General Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Fellowship – Vascular Surgery, Englewood Hospital, New Jersey,
- Fellow of The American College of Surgeons
- Active Member, American College of Phlebology
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Physicians
- Board Certified, Vascular Surgery
- Certificate of Special Competence in Vascular Surgery, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)